Thursday, March 22, 2012

Painting the Colors of Black

My goals in this painting were to paint a black object without using actual black paint. I tried doing this be painting reflections and highlights into the dark purplish bluish paint that I mixed for black. This painting is mostly about reflections in the black object (a telephone). The most challenging part of this was finding the right colors to use. I met that challenge by trying different color mixtures over and over. My painting really orks around the middle because that is the focal point of the reflections. I learned how to mix dark colors, and I can use that in future paintings. If I had to do it over, I would use some different colors. I like the lipstick and the reflection. I also like how I suggested the telephone dial.

No comments:

Post a Comment